Thursday, 19 February 2015

The low down

So our bubba is here and he is 11 weeks old (sob) time really is going too fast.
I can't believe how long ago christmas feels, let alone bubbas birth day.

On Friday the 28th of November 2015 I was 10 days over due, I still felt good. Don't get me wrong I was tired and I ached like mad but I was enjoying these last few days as a family of 3.
My induction date had been scheduled for Thursday the 4th of December.
Having that date finally booked gave me a real boost, the end was near!! 

I did really want to go into labour naturally but I'd tried everything, all the old wives tales and I'd even had some reflexology done to try and get things going with no luck.

So Friday went as normal however that afternoon through to evening i noticed bubbas movements had slowed down, I did all the tricks that would normally get him moving....a bath, cold drink, eating something sweet and finally having a lie down.
Nothing worked. 



My concern was growing so I decided to go to bed with lando, I woke up at about 11:30pm and went down stairs to find scott who was still up playing Xbox with friends. I told him how concered I was, we tried having a little poke around of my tummy, nothing happened. 

I went back to bed to rest and to see if bubba would move for me if I were to lay on my left side usually he loved me laying this way and would keep me awake most nights.

At 3am as scott rolled into bed from playing the Xbox he accidentally woke me up. I had another little poke and once again nothing happend. 
By now I was really starting to panic.
I got out of bed and called the maternity unit.
I was put through to the senior midwife on that evening and explained everything. 
She told me to come straight in, I explained that we had Lando here asleep and would have to wait for someone to arrive to look after him.
Her voice became more urgent and told me to bring him with us along with my hospital bags and have someone meet us at the hospital. 
With this I began to cry and shake uncontrollably.

Scott tried calling Alan's mobile (his dad). No answer.
We tried jo's mobile (his step mum)
No answer. 
We tried there home phone. 
No answer once again.

I called jackies phone (my step mum) finally she answered (phew).
They had been out to a Christmas party and hadn't long got in.
Luckily jackie hadn't had anything to drink so she piled my dad and herself into the car and headed to the hospital.

We did the same, lando was wide awake sat chattering away in the back of the car. I just sat looking out the car window feeling sick, longing for my baby boy to move.



Once at the hospital we were ushered into a private room and imidiatly I was put on to a monitor.
Babies heart beat was there and strong.
Praise the Lord!!

The midwife told me that they were going to induce me, baby had clearly had enough and was ready to be born. 


Dad and Jackie got to the hospital at around 5am, I sobbed as lando left with them.
I knew this would be the longest we had been apart and it was going to be hard. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your little messages of happiness.