Monday, 2 June 2014

I'm back....

I'm back after having a crazy few months being a mama, planning a wedding, moving house and finding out we are expecting baby number 2!!

Yes that's right, we are more than excited and over the moon, we wanted a small age gap between Lando and our next baby so I never went on any form of birth control. However I was exclusively breastfeeding lando and did so up until he was 13 months old, there for I didn't expect to fall pregnant for a few months.

We also had the added hurdle that I wasn't ovulating or so we thought, as we were trying for a baby we bought some ovulation tests for me to use at home. I used them for a month and then realised each test came back negative leading us to believe I wasn't ovulating.
So after a month of using them off I plodded to see the dr who agreed to take a blood test on the 19th day of my cycle which would give us a more accurate result. That test also came back negative so was repeated the following month. Negative again.

All these test were coming back negative so I felt like there was no hope, I was so sad as we loved being parents to Lando and were so excited to experience it again and to give Lando the gift of a sibling.

I was 8 days late for my period but thought it was just down to stress of waiting on test results along side the fact we were moving however as I was popping to the chemist to grab something for Lando I decided to buy a test. On the walk home I saw a Robin which always makes us think of Scott's Mum, Jan.

As soon as we got home, I took Lando up to the bathroom, plonked him on the floor and I took the test expecting it to of course come back negative as id been told I wasn't ovulating.

How shocked, excited, over the moon happy was I when the test came back positive. I instantly called Scott at work and told him the wonderful news, he was just as excited and shocked as I was. Instantly I began crying with happiness.

To baby bean #2 if you are reading this as I sit here 15 weeks pregnant with your brother Lando laid fast asleep next to me on the sofa, we love you so much already and cant wait to meet you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your little messages of happiness.