Friday, 31 May 2013

12/12/12


Friday 21st December 2012

Today we were supposed to apparently see the end of the world at 11:11am. Well as 11am rolled around, I had my weekly midwife appointment. So as people were rejoicing that the world hadn’t actually ended I felt as if my whole world really was ending. As I laid on the doctors couch having my baby bump examined my midwife Jo discovered that beans heart beat was low, very low in fact. A babies heart beat should be between 120 – 160, my babies was at 60 beats per minute. She told me I had to go to hospital to get the baby checked out.

 I rang Scott right away and told him he needed to leave work immediately to come and get me and take me to the hospital, he left work straight away and headed towards me.

Soon after getting off the phone to Scott, Jo wanted to listen in to the heart beat once again, the heart beat was still low so she decided to ring for an ambulance. The ambulance got there within 10 minutes and at 12pm I was on my way to the hospital. I had nothing with me as I obviously just thought it was a routine check-up however Jo came with me in the ambulance so that I wasn’t completely on my own.

Whilst we were driving I gave Scott a call to find out where he was, he was actually right behind us at the traffic lights, I dread to think how many speed limits he broke. Whilst on the phone Scott asked if I wanted him to stop and pick up our camera, which made me chuckle but of course I just wanted him there with me. We got caught up in traffic however we were only around the corner from the hospital, to get us there faster they had to put there sirens on which was scary. I joked that I couldn’t have a baby today as I hadn’t washed my hair, the paramedic told me not to worry as he hadn’t washed his either, when I looked over I saw he had little to no hair.
 
 
 
mmm I look attractive...
 
Once we got to the hospital I was rushed straight into labour and delivery and noticed everyone was dressed and ready to take me in for an emergency c section which shook me up a bit, I was taken in to a side room to be put on monitors which was scary but I was thankful my midwife was still with me. Soon after I got there Scott turned up and I was so glad to have him by my side, I feel much safer that way. The trace from baby seemed ok this time however they wanted to keep me on the monitor for a while longer, in fact I ended up being on there for about 3 hours. Scott and I hadn’t had any lunch and we actually thought we were going to starve, finally they said I could have something small so we shared a twix and I had a toffee crisp and Scott got a snickers.

After a while they took me off the monitor and sent me up to the maternity ward where I would have to spend the night, Scott was meant to leave at 8pm but managed to stay until about 10pm so that I wasn’t lonely. Whilst there the salvation army came round to sing carols, we went out to watch and join in with their sing song which added some Christmas spirit to our stressful day. A vicar also came round and said a pray for all the midwifes, parents and babies which we thought was lovely. By this time I was exhausted and needed to get some sleep so Scott had to leave which I hated as we never spend nights apart.

All in all the day was pretty  awful and such an ordeal I wasn’t expecting but it just proved to me how much I vale you having such a loving partner and how precious life really is!!

Love always Gem xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your little messages of happiness.